Term 4 Written Language
WALT write a character description of a person we know very well.
We know we have achieved this when we …
- have written about the person’s physical appearance (the way they look).
- have written about the person’s behaviour (how they speak or act).
- have written about how they affect other people (what do they do to make you notice them).
- have written about the person’s environment and belongings.
- used descriptive words to make a picture in the mind of the reader
Nana by Tr’e Andrews
My nana’s name is Diane. She has boofy hair and glasses that are rectangular. She also has blue eyes. My nana gives me kisses when I go to bed. She is nice. She has very grey eyebrows. She has her own Ipad. Her car is small because she is kind of small.
You have begun a good description and used some describing words but need to tell a little more to get a picture in the reader’s mind.
1. Add more details to tell what your nana looks like. How tall is she? You could use a simile to show this.
2. Check the WALT criteria to see if you have included all you need in your writing.